Sunday, February 28, 2010

Change of direction (wedding)...but got lots done!

Okay, maybe not a lot alot, but we managed to get the ceremony and reception venue booked, dinner menu set, and DJ and Photographer booked. Yay!

Everything will take place at a golf club we frequent (we don't golf..but they have an awesome sports bar and grill, karaoke night, etc).


We will do white chair covers white sashes and may not do floral centerpieces. I am trying to keep my flower budget in check so we might do something different - still looking for ideas that really move me. Thats an example of the food display, however after talking to a friend out there who works with the catering, she will give us a great deal on a full italian dinner. Cha-Ching! I'm thinking that we may still put out some snacks mid-way through the reception (Fresh Fruit, cheeses, etc) since it's so long (6-11 pm). They will also offer valet parking for our guests for tips only, so I will pay the tips up front so the guests don't need to worry about that.

Oh..the color! It has changed too! I made my FINAL decision today, it's called Sangria from Davids Bridal. I love love love this color! So bright, refreshing, and summery - perfect for a summer wedding! Davids Bridal has ribbons in this color, so I was thinking of getting white pillar candles wrapping them...we'll see.

I want this dress for my 12 (will be 13) yr old daughter and there is a matching (strapless) dress for the teen girls. I really want to have our three daughters in long dresses, and my bridesmaids in whichever dresses they choose in Sangria.




I also decided on favors...now I need to tackle flowers! Luckily I know an awesome lady who will do my flowers for barely above cost - so I know those will be a great deal, and she does an amazing job! Maybe we can actually pull this thing off! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Found you on MBC and WOW! That's one big family! Come check me out

    http://oh-dear-lord.blogspot.com
    http://littlemissmuffinscakes.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to learing more about you and your family!

    ReplyDelete